Pharmacy/Aciphex and ranitidine

I've been on aciphex once a day for over 15 years. It's the only medicine of its type that works for me. I have Barrett's and have to be careful to continue this med. I do have days though when the aciphex doesn't work and I have a lot of reflux. It is almost always a burning in my throat area. On days like this i try gaviscon and maybe mylanta also. Sometimes they don't work at all to ease the burning. My Dr has just prescribed Ranitidine 300mg to take at bedtime along with the aciphex in the morning. Forgot to ask him though can I take 2 aciphex a day (20mg each), one in the morning before breakfast and one in the evening before dinner and then the ranitidine before bed. Wondering what you think. Thanks5c

If you want to take 2 aciphex a day (oen in the morning and one in the evening), you need to please check with your physician.  I would not take mylanta or gaviscon for the burning in the throat area since these two medications will not help for this unless your physician said otherwise.  

Nanaz Khosrowshahi

Being a pharmacist, I can answer questions on medications. This includes how drugs work in the body, drug interactions, drug side effects, warnings and precautions to take when using certain medications, dosage forms and strengths, management of overdosing, storage of medications, drug administration, contraindications, and drug indications. I am able to guide them on lab work that needs to be drawn and monitored while on certain medications. I am able to help patients save money when purchasing medications by directing them to cost-effective therapies. I am able to answer questions on federal laws governing pharmacy practice in the United States. I am unable to answer questions legally as if I am diagnosing the patient's disease or illness. For example, if a patient stated he had upper flank pain, I am unable to say he definitely has a urinary tract infection. However, I am able to direct the patient to the correct next step, which is to call his physician with such a side effect.

I have been a licensed pharmacist since 2007, holding licenses in CT and MA. I have a PHARM.D from an accelerated pharmacy school program. Currently, I work at the Hebrew Home and Hospital in West Hartford, CT as a pharmacist. I am a well-rounded pharmacist, with experience in long-term care, IV home infusion, retail, hospital, and hospice. I serve as the pharmacy unit coordinator for Mass Dispensing Area #31 in CT, where I am called upon as a volunteer pharmacist in case of public emergencies, such as anthrax threats. I helped run the swine flu vaccine clinic in 2009. I am on the Editorial Advisory Board for Pharmacy Today, a publication of the American Pharmacists Association. My position on the board runs for three years. Every month I make suggestions and offer ideas that would help improve the magazine. I have undergone extra training to administer vaccines to patients, which is training that only a certain percentage of registered pharmacists in the country have.

American Pharmacists Association 2007

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, MA- PHARM.D 2007 University of California, Irvine- BA psychology 2001 cum laude