Pharmacy/Sedative

Question
I was prescribed metaxalone 800mg for back strain and was told it is kind of sedative and should be taken at night. Are there any drugs or supliments that produce a similar type of sleepiness? I have trouble
sleeping most nights and want to avoid habit forming sleep aides but found
metaxalone helpful.

Answer
Hi James,
Methocarbamol is a non pescription muscle relaxant that may be helpful similar to metaxalone. It retails under the brand name Robaxin and in combination with ibuprofen as Robax Platinum or with acetaminophen as Robaxacet.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt