Pharmacy/further query

Question
Dear sir

As per previous queries as regards olmesattan, I have started olmesartan 40 mg with other usual drugs like amlodepine 10 mg Tenoclor 100. While my diastolic bp is in the vicinity of it to 90_which is controlled yet systolic bp is still around 150. I have been taking olmesartan 40 since 15 days which has been replaced by losartan 100 mg. I need your guidance whether what are other options to bring it down around 130. Kindly guide me.

Answer
Sir,
You are aware I am not a physician but a pharmacologist, hence my replies are based on the knowledge about the drugs rather than on the disease. Based on the effects of olmesartan on the heart (which is responsible for systolic BP) I would think that a drug like atenolol needs to be added. I suggest you discuss with the doctor to add a drug which will directly depress the heart. Based on other parameters like your regular heart rate, your doctor could decide whether a drug like a beta blocker is better or a calcium channel antagonist is better.
All the best
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi