Pharmacy/ecosprin

Question
Dear Sir,

kindly guide me whether aspirin 75 or 150 has any difference. My physician has prescribed ecosprin 75 whereas cardiologist says no need for it. I am diabetic hypertensive. Is 75 mg enough for obese person wt 110 lg.

Answer
Hi Hemant,
First my apologies for  the delay,  I  was trvelling and did not  get the  time, nor did I have the facilities to reply. The hotel advertises wifi for  its guests but that seems to  be just a marketing gimmick.
Aspirin can be used in  doses as low as 50 mg and this is  adequate. Companies have come out with  different  strengths only to avoid the  label of "copycat".
So also one tablet is adequate for as long as 15 days but it has been noted that if such an advice is given, most patients forget to take  it, that is why a daily dose is advocated.
Aspirin does not stay in the body for more than an hour or two, but its inhibition of the enzyme (COX I)is permanent and hence the  platelets once exposed to aspirin, become active only when  new platelets are formed.
Irrespective  of  your  other problems you will do well with  any  dose of aspirin between 50 and 150 mg, so please do not worry about it and contine taking a  tablet of aspirin daily.
All the  best
Ravi Ghooi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi