Pharmacy/tacromilus ointment

Question
Sir,

I have psoriasis under control with clobetasole ointment with salisylic acid. However near elbow there is resistant plaque which was not controlled with clobetasoll crem ( Topisal 6 )

When I contacted dermatologist,  he prescribe torrent pharma ointment Tacrotor 0.1% and its bssic drug is TACROMILLUS. It is not that effevtive except its price which cost 350 inr for 10 gram

my existing cream TOPISAL 6 COST only Rs 98 for 30 grams. My family physician advised me to use halobet s and topisal cream alternatively.

kindly advice. I understand that psoriasis can be controlled but not cured. Can you guide me abt tacromillus halobetasol and clobetasol. I will be highly obliged. Regards.

Answer
I appreciate that Tacrolimus is expensive, but it is one of the few  drugs that is effective. Clinical trials have been done on  this product in Pune and I am aware  that it gives very good relief  in most people. If possible financially I  would advice you to  try it.
All the best
Ravi

Pharmacy

Dr. Ravindra Bhaskar Ghooi