Pharmacy/Urine test

Hello, I'm doing a pharmaceutical study where we're taking 200mcg of Fluticasone Propionate and 100mcg of Salmeterol Inhalation powder. In 56 hours after our dosage, I have a work related medical which includes a urine drug screen. Will this drug fail the drug screen? I was told to drink lots of coffee and water to speed up my metabolism and flush my system. Also for my over-all health, I'm taking St. John's Wart, Omega 3's (400 EPA 200 DHA), and B Vit. Complex.

Hi Dean,
Fluticasone is an inhaled corticosteroid and it may affect your test even though the amount absorbed is small. You need to be up front with this with your employer to avoid any reprucussions. Fluticasone itself is not a banned substance.
Thank you for using Allexpets.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to