Pharmacy/lisinopril causing water retention

hello eric, im on 20mg of lisinopril and i have been on it for 4 years. does lisinopril cause water retention. i do have a low gfr of 60 on my blood test. can you give me advice on what to do. thanks.

Hi Christopher,
Lisinopril does not cause water retention. With you GFR of 60 there is little to worry about. Lisinopril may offer some renal protection. You need to worry about it worsening renal function if your GFR drops below 30.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to