Pharmacy/re antibiotics, staph infection

Question
Hi - recently Ive had a staph infection and have been prescribed Staphylex (flucloxacillin) 500 mgs 4 times per day. Just before the staph thing, I'd also been diagnosed with urinary tract infection and had been prescribed a different antibiotic, but lost the script.

My question: would the flucloxacillin take care of the urinary tract infection as well as the staph? Or do I need to go back to doc to get original anti-biotic for the urinary tract infection?

Answer

I am uncertain if the flucloxacillin would take care of the urinary tract infection as well as the staph.  I would call your doctor and have him/her resend the original script for the antibiotic you lost the script for to the pharmacy by phone call or fax or email.  Or, you can call the pharmacy and have them call your doctor's office.  The only person who can decide if you can use one antibiotic for two conditions is your doctor.

Thanks!

Nanaz  

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi