My husband had a stroke.  They told me that giving him the drug celexa would help with his therapy appetite etc.mood. obviously this was a devastating event.    I reluctantly gave in to it.  Within a couple of weeks I saw changes .  He had the purplish patches runny nose first and foremost speech change. And more. I found a description of side effects online, and it listed the side effects in a very detailed way. To me it was a perfect description what I needed to show to nurses and his doctor.  so I printed it out and showed it to one of the nurses she said that describes stroke symptoms besides it's a low dose...... he had had the stroke 3 mos before why weren't they present then.  I've since heard things that now make it more obvious so I could present it to his doctor.  Since nothing was done originally  I looked again for that particular site. there are sites about celexa but I can't find the one I 'd seen earlier. I've since found out from persons that they've had damage from celexa and stopped taking it.  I was hoping perhaps you can give me a list that is like the one I originally had too bad I didn't keep a copy.  The celexa sites now jump all over.  Severe not so severe etc I would like the one I had it was a list not several effects in one sentence just a list.
Hopefully you can be of help.  thank you.

Hi Jan,
Obviously I do ot know which list of side effects you originally saw so I can not vouch for its reliability. I canrcommed the site for drug information. Go to the site click on the tab drugs A-Z, then scroll down to Citalopram and you will get reliable information.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to