Pharmacy/E D due to Minoxidil

good morning dr. I realize that this is a controversial subject on most Hair Loss forums when it comes up, but is it true that erectile dysfunction / loss of libido from using minoxidil only?
I heard that almost all of the sexual symptoms associated with Propecia. I am asking you because I totally believe on I am using minxodil 5% from 10 days. if it is true so should I stop minoxidil. I was ok for 5days using minoxidil then I lost morning wood. please help

ANSWER: Hi Asad,
Minoxidil is not associated with decrease in libido. Propecia can cause sexual dysfunction.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm.

2 month before
2 month before  

today`s picture
today`s picture  
QUESTION: Thank you For replied dr. Dr. I live in Malaysia now a days doing study. I am facing hair fall for 4 years but that period was very slowly due to genetically male baldness but since 2 months its very rapid. People said its due to bad water quality which cause hair fall. so I take shower with filter water. my other friend has also lost his hair but I lost so much and there is also a white bulb/pimple at the root of the hair. I get my head sweating and I feel because of this I lose about 50-70 hair per day and I wanna mention that The ventilation of my room is also bad and no fresh air passage in room. then I decided and applying monoxidil 5% on my hair from 11 days. but still same problem I am facing. So please suggest any better remedies. any shampoo medicine so my hair fall can stop. I am attaching some pictures.

Hi Asad,
Minoxidil can take up to six months before fine hair growth is visible. I suggest you also see a doctor to rule out scalp infection and low thyroid function which could cause hair loss.
Thank you for using Allxperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pham.

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to