Pharmacy/lamictal

Question
hello eric, i want to take lamictal 200mg tomorrow night at 9pm. i usually take it at 9am. can i go a day and a half without lamictal. thanks.

Answer
Hi Chris,
Lambictal is used for epilepsy and for bipolar disorder. Often it is used in combination with other drugs which affects its blood level and the blood levels I of the other drugs that may be taken in combination with it. Skipping a dose will affect the steady state blood level and control of seizures or bipolar disorder may be affected. The short answer is take it at the prescribed time to not risk affecting control.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt, BSc. Pharm.

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt