Pharmacy/Citalopram for IBS

Hello again Eric
My IBS has all but disappeared in the two weeks I have been on Citalopram 20mg. I take it along with Buproprion XL 150 for my adult ADD. In two weeks I will see my physician to discuss things. Since the Citalopram works so well at this dosage, should I consider lowering it to 10 grams? Or is 20 the standard dose for IBS? What about the Buproprion? Is there a lower dose than 150? I just feel the less drugs I need to get by, the better! Thanks again in advance!

Hi Bud,
There is a lower dose of bupropion. It is bupropionSR 100 mg but it may not work as well. For you as it is not a 24 hour medication as is the XR Version. Do not change doses without consulting with your doctor. I think it maybe too soon now.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt,B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to