Pharmacy/Citalopram for IBS

Question
Hello again Eric
My IBS has all but disappeared in the two weeks I have been on Citalopram 20mg. I take it along with Buproprion XL 150 for my adult ADD. In two weeks I will see my physician to discuss things. Since the Citalopram works so well at this dosage, should I consider lowering it to 10 grams? Or is 20 the standard dose for IBS? What about the Buproprion? Is there a lower dose than 150? I just feel the less drugs I need to get by, the better! Thanks again in advance!

Answer
Hi Bud,
There is a lower dose of bupropion. It is bupropionSR 100 mg but it may not work as well. For you as it is not a 24 hour medication as is the XR Version. Do not change doses without consulting with your doctor. I think it maybe too soon now.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Sincerely,
Eric Brandt,B.Sc. Pharm

Pharmacy

Eric Brandt