eric,I have enlarged prostate but my urologist said I can take Benadryl.everything I read said Benadryl bad for prostate.

Hi Howard,
Benadryl's side effects could interfere with passing urine if it is used on a regular basis. Benadryl is meant to be used for quick relief of an allergic reaction. This means it is not meant to be used regularly. For an occasional use to manage an allergic reaction such as an insect bite, it is safe.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, BSc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to