Pharmacy/Expired penicillin

Question
Hello my house was broken into the other day and I was stabbed in the arm my doctor took great care of me but he did not prescribe me any antibiotics but I found some penicillin at my house that was a year over the expiration date is it okay to go ahead and take that until I get a new prescription?

Answer

I am sorry about your bad news.  Please do not take the penicillin since it is expired.  You need to check with your physician first if it is ok to take expired medication and if that antibiotic in particular will help with your injury.  It may be so old to the point that it will not kill any bacterial infection you may have.  

Pharmacy

Nanaz Khosrowshahi