Pharmacy/Multivitamins for ADHD and fibre

Hello,  my 2 boys (ages 11 & 6) have ADHD and Anxiety Disorder.  They are both very picky eaters and eat  and drink very little.  I'd like to give them a supplement that contains the Omega 3 6 9, Vitamin B6, Zinc, Iron, Magnezium and fibre they need in a form that is either tasty or clear and tasteless so I could mix it in their drink.  My older son is on Vyvanse and Clonidine, my younger son has encropresis, he really needs extra fibre but I have an extremely hard time to get him to take anything.  We are in canada, your advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Hi Gabi,
I can not offer you much in the treatment of ADHD or encropresis. I once attended a lecture by Dr Gabor Mate on ADHD. This is a childhood development issue where a child may be very sensitive to his environment, including the home environment. If the home is not a stable environment, parents arguing, divorcing, that affects childhood development. I encourage you to read about Dr Mate and his insight into this.
I am not a fan of chemically mouldings a child. I will relate to you some personal experience. A teacher once suggested one of my children should be treated for ADHD. The problem was not my child but the teacher. The child was bored and the teacher could not come up with enough stimulation to interest him. He is now a successful accountant, never been medicated for ADHD.
This is probably not what you want to hear. With enough parental and teacher attention this supposedly ADHD was overcome without medication.
Thank you for using Allexperts.
Eric Brandt, B.Sc. Pharm

Eric Brandt

I am a practicing pharmacist.On my drug information website, I have answered hundreds of questions to date. The articles posted on my site include Parkinson`s disease. depression, menopause, diabetes, sleep and aging, congestive heart failure, calcium channel blockers, thyroid hormone replacement therapy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis an more.

I have experience in retail as well as hospital pharmacy pracice. Currently working in a hospital pharmacy. I am experienced in drug information. Over the last 6 years I have developed a successful web site for drug information.

The addressfor my drug information website is http://www.druginformation.bc.caThere you can read articles on varios areas of health interest. You can also leave me questions which I will personally answer. I also have a free health information newsletter called The Caplet. To subscribe send e-mail to