Philippines/marrying an australian

Craig wrote at 2008-11-09 10:30:16
Hi Ria, I am an aussie male and have been looking at immigration laws ...What you can do is come to australia on 3 month visitors visa and u must have return ticket. Then once in australia you can get married within the 3 month visa which gives you a 2 year visa and have all the benefits of  citzen(ie. unemployment benefits)and then with that you can start your paperwork for citzenship. If your want to go with Fiance visa it is 12 month visa and you have to be married with in those 12 months.....if you have any more questions I can try and find out more as Like I said i am thinking of going down that road...craig

Mr Big wrote at 2012-12-24 07:17:59
Thats bullshit..

My fiancée got a visa very easy. She has no job, of assets in Philippines.. We got her Tourist visa approved within 15 days. Once you are here you can get married, however you will still have to return to the Philippines to Loge your application.. One done you can apply for another tourist visa while you are waiting.

Best of luck

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems