Philippines/Underage Girlfriend

mike wrote at 2010-06-15 01:37:45
Whooa there you want to have babies with a 15 yr old! SHE IS A BABY! THATS SO WRONG ATLEAST GO 18 BUT ME I AM 38 I COULD NOT DATE AN 18 YR OLD  THEY ARE JUST KIDS! YOU SHOULD SEEK HELP, YOU WOULD BE CONSIDERED A PEDOPHILE HERE IN THE STATES GUESS EUROPE IS WAY DIFFERENT. I DONT AGREE WITH IT AT ALL.THE BRONZE AGE IS LONG GONE!!!  

mike wrote at 2010-06-15 09:12:57
a Filipino girl has to have parental consent to marry if she is 25 or younger not 15 and certainly not 12!!!!

reverdan wrote at 2011-12-30 02:24:59
The age of consent in Philippines is 12, although they are trying to increase that to 16. There is much resistance to that change. You should get parental consent though, just to be safe. If your plan is marriage then you should have no problem. I am 53 and married to a 26 yr. old Filipina. The age of marriage is 18, with no exception, and they still need parental consent until age 25. You must also understand that most people will not report things to the police because they see the authorities as all being corrupt, so they will exploit anyone for any reason. In that light, be careful.

reality checker wrote at 2014-04-10 15:57:45
You are incorrect, your opinion is just an opinion.  First, please do not be "quite sure" that the parental consent law does not apply to "foreigners" .  First you must define foreigner.  A foreigner can be a permanent resident and enjoy all the legal standing of a Phil. citizen less voting and land ownership.  So really before you spout all of your exaggerated claims here, please consult a real legal expert and not someone who has merely had a casual glance at the posts and misinformation on the internet.

reality checker wrote at 2014-04-10 16:05:49
So sorry to criticize this sloppy answer so much, but you are wrong again when you say parental consent for dating is a legal requirment even after she turns 18.  That is simply not true.   For marriage, that would be correct, yes for a marriage contract consent is required even after 18, and "advise" is required after another age, etc etc.   BUT we are talking here about dating........ Not marriage.   So for dating, 18 is the age of consent, there is no requirement of parental consent to  date an 18 year old.

Get your facts straight please.

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings