Philippines/minor us citizen overstaying in the Philippines

I have two girls who are now overstaying in the Philippines since August 2008. My wife who is not a us citizen brought them to the Philippines but could not come back due to immigration problems. What fines and fees do I expect to pay for the two girls before they could come back. I planned to fly them back to America in March 2013. Besides paying fines and fees, what other problems can I expect to face? Thank you for your prompt response.

Ben the cost of overstaying could be incredibly high since each visa extension costs about U$600 / year. ( as high as P150,000++/ 5 years each )Ask your wife to contact a Philippine Immigration official after business hours for advice and help. Of course the only other problem is if your two girls have valid USA passports. If not then they will need to apply for those also by making an appointment with the USA Embassy in Manila. From others in your predicament I've learned that P30,000 to P50,000 / overstayed person can be negotiated after a few weeks of "crying broke" with an immigration official. Good Luck!!  

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems