Philippines/balikbayan visa

Question
Background:
I live on Mindanao with my fiance and her family. I am on an extended tourist visa with a current expiration of 28 January 2013. When we finally get married in December 2012, after getting an NSO problem sorted, we are thinking about a short honeymoon to Hong Kong in January. Although I will ask the local registrar for an express NSO wedding contract (certificate, or ?) for the 13A visa process, I presume that will take some time to receive that since we live in Pagadian City.  

MY QUESTION: Will the local registrar paperwork showing the marriage was conducted be sufficient for me to receive a balikbayan visa upon my return? or will Cebu Immigration require the NSO paperwork?

Thanks.

Answer
Robert, This fine point can be handled various ways with each individual immigration officer but smile be humble and ask politely and it's possible when showing the certified marriage contract along with your passport. Balikbayan status remains a privilege NOT a right as I found out once when arriving at Manila's Centennial 2 airport a few years ago with my wife. A copy of the paperwork, proof of your marriage is sufficient. Mabuhay Philippines! Good Luck!!
http://www.hotelmanila.com   http://www.casacamillaboracay.com  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings