Philippines/reality of approval TRV

Dear Bill and Lorna

I would be tremendously grateful for your advice.I am polish national.Me and my wife met in UK.As she was forced to leave the country i made up my mind to follow her and get married in the Philippines.In short my expectations regarding time needed to complete our marriage exceeded my annual leave at work therefore me and my wife had decided that i would stay and proceed with our marriage,leaving my job behind.

The idea was and perhaps still is that we would apply for TRV,however the information provided on internet and in immigration bureau differs greatly.It does not say on website that there would be some requirments whether both of us can support each other here.My wife has job,but me i only intend to get one most likely in call center if TRV would be approved.Getting to the point,do you think i have any chance to get TRV?me personally i don't really have savings.My wife is on little over 20k per month,we want to earn some money and most likely leave The Philippines as my wife don't like it here. Again I would be very grateful for your advice.Thank You

For a Filipino to be issued a spousal immigrant visa to any of the wealthy nations around the world proof of financial support is always required and differs from each area within each nation. For example someone in a big city would need to show more income than someone in a rural are of UK. Such visas to UK or the USA can take 2+ years so it might be best if you went back to UK got a job and then start the application process. explains in detail what is necessary for TRV so read carefully.  

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems