Philippines/Spouse visa

Question
Hey,

I read some of your posts..u guys doing great in helping people.

Myself Anubrata Mallick (Indian Citizen) i got married to a Filipino girl here in India. Now she is in Philippines. Our marriage certificate is registered with Philippines Embassy New Delhi.I have Roprt of Marriage duly stamped by Embassy of the Philippines.
I want to travel to Philippines before christmas.

Please advice what is the maximum staying period that i can get in a visa.
Can i apply for a spouse visa? which will allow me to stay for a continouse strech of 4-5 month ?

Thanks in anticipation of response.
GOD bless you...

Answer
Usually you need to arrive together with your Filipina wife to be issued a balikbayan Visa valsi for one year 21 days but maybe if you bring pictures, an copy of marriage certificate and your Filipina wife's ID/ Passport with your surname you might be able to get a Balikbayan visa. IF NOT then you will need to get tourist visa extensions every 2 months. As of Jan 2011 India and the Philippines made a new agreement that both of their citizens can get tourist visa upon arrival up to 30 days with a confirmed return airline ticket. So maybe you need to arrive get tourist visa then book the cheapest flight return ticket for you and your wife together then come back and get the BALIKBAYAN VISA Good Luck

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings