Philippines/staying in the philippines 5months

Question
hi! I've read in one of the questions that an American citizen can stay  21 days -59 days in the philippines and sign the visa waver, what if we we're planning to stay there for 5 months? she is almost 5 years old and have stayed in the philippines for 5 months last 2008, and didn't have any problem. is this a new policy?  thank you.

Answer
Actually tourist visas can be renewed from 16 to 24 months but only 2 months for each extension application. To save yourself a trip once it's time to pickup your first VISA WAIVER (from 21 to 59 days ) go right ahead and apply for 2 months.  No Worries in the Philippines! It's probably the most tourist and retirement friendly country in all of Asia.  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings