Philippines/tourist or spousal visa?

Question
Hi!

Good day :)

I am 33yrs old, single and with no children or dependents. My Canadian bf is divorced and his coming to the Philippines so we can get married. However, we are clueless as to what to do. We are hoping you could help shed light on this topic:

1. Would he need to be on a tourist visa to come visit and marry me? Or use the spousal visa?

2. What is the exact process for getting married in the Philippines? (I am a Protestant)

3. We heard he can stay for 21 days and leave then return for another 21 days (if on a tourist visa) - is there a way he could extend his stay so we can process the marriage requirements together?

4. What are the fees involved? Do we need a lawyer or can we do it on our own?

5. How long would it take before I could join him in Canada?

My husband-to-be and I are hoping I could come home to Canada with him. We really need all the help and information you can give us.

Thank you so much and we hope to hear from you soon :)

Answer
Any municipal judge can marry you but it's the application for a spousal visa which will take time. Each embassy has various requirements but Canada is easier than the USA or UK which are the most difficult and can take over 2 years. Your BF's tourist visa can be extended easily to 59 days with a VISA WAIVER about P3300. Then every 2 months he can extend for 16 to 24 months before leaving the country and starting the whole process over again. You should both have Legal Capacity documents as proof that presently neither of you are married and eligible to be married. And I think certified true copies of your birth certificates are required. More than that contact the Canadian Embassy when he arrives.
http://www.hotelmanila.com  http://www.casacamillaboracay.com  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings