Philippines/Surname

Question
If a filipina married to an american changes her surname back to her maiden name how would this affect the spouse regarding balikbayan privilege?

Answer
If their marriage is still valid, especially if they were married in a Church in the Philippines and the marriage was registered then nothing the Filipina would do would have much effect, immigration wise regarding the American husband's choices. But it's really up to the individual immigration official because usually the American passport holding husband must arrive together with the wife and / or dual citizen child. ( I arrived with our daughter from Hawaii and cause she used her Filipino passport I was issued the balikbayan visa ). If the Filipina wife's passport does not have the American husband's surname then best to bring a copy of the marriage certificate.  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings