Philippines/help please

hi Bill and Lorna
ok where do i start.
i have meet a nice Philippine woman on the net. and i am thinking about going out to see her.what i want to know is
if we were to marry in the Philippines is it easier for her to get a visa as my wife to the UK. or is it best to get a visa as a partner and then get married here in the UK.
i have read some of the letters on here but its confused me. some are saying it will take 2 years to get a partners visa. which is crazy. if i was to marry in the Philippines what do i need to do and what can i do before i go out there. i have read something about a CNI form to prove a can marry, and a Deposit of foreign marriage certificate but what is this and do i need them  ?
and how do you register with the embassy ?
i really hope you can help.
thanks Dean
PS or if can can give me a step by step of what to do would be great

Dean , to the UK and USA is the most difficult and can take more than 2 years;yes the policies of the federal governments around the world in the wealthier nations ARE CRAZY and pinching away at our rights and freedom!!! From past reports from USA / Filipina hookups the 90 day fiancee visa seems to be quicker around 6 months but I haven't had much feedback from UK / Filipina hookups. Getting married in the Philippines does NOT expedite the spousal immigrant visa process at all. yes both you and the Filipina will need "legal capacity" documents more or less proof neither of you are presently married and are eligible to be married. There are websites, forums and yahoogroups with thousands of members who are more up to date on such matters and some members are involved in the process and are friendly and willing to help inform others and answer your questions. Feel free to join our yahoogroup "lifeinthephilippines" and here are links to the best. GOOD LUCK!

You may get more specific answers to your questions seeking a UK immigration expert because each country's laws vary regarding marriage between 2 foreign couples.

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems