Philippines/Balik bayan status

Question
Here is my question. Let's assume that we know someone, (an American male), who is married to a native born Filipina. She has never been out of the Philippines and holds a Philippine passport only. If they go outside the country for only a few days once a year, can she be considered a balik bayan? They got married in 2011 here in the Philippines. Since she has not been out of the country except for a 2 day stay, (with him), in another country, what do they need to do to achieve balik bayan status and to avoid paying Immigration fees? Will the American husband be able to get his passport stamped "balik bayan"?

Answer
The Balikbayan Visa is NOT a right but a privelidge so it depends on the indidual immigration official. But that said if the Filipina wife's Philippine passport has her married surname and the couple arrives together then I'd guestimate that the foreign husband has 90%+chance of being issued a Balikbayan visa one year + 21 days. I was issued a BV upon arrival with my daughter , dual national or my Filipina wife. Only once in 20 years did an official NOT issue me the bV upon arrival even after a short time outside the Philippines and then my wife humbly convinced this female immigration officer to go ahead and change the stamp so actually I was issued the BV

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings