Philippines/damaged Philippine Passport with US Visa (10 yr multiple)

Question
My parents visited me here in Maryland last year from September to December 2012. 2 weeks after they arrived my mother accidentally washed my father's jacket with passport inside its pocket.

We immediately went to have his passport replaced at the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC and he surrendered his old and damaged passport there. A few days before they fly back to Manila, he received his passport replacement without a US Visa in it. How can my father get his US Visa back? does he needs to apply again? he doesn't have his old passport but he had copied all the pages of his old one before surrendering it at the Philippine Embassy in DC. They have plans of visiting me again this year. Hope you can help me out. Thank you.

Answer
Sorry to hear he made such a big mistake because it's usually NOT necessary to surrender one's passport when applying for a new one. My wife had 10 year B1B2 USA visa and travels with it even after the expiry date of the passport's stamped inside together with her new passport. My wife laundered my USA passport by mistake also and I just continued to travel with it. The travel agent can probably check if the copy of the USA VISA and his former surrendered passport will work or  not; otherwise he'll have to apply for a new visa.

My wife, Lorna just told me to assure you that it might take time but YES his USA Visa copy when be allowed because it's issuance # can be authenticated.

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings