Philippines/GF being held hostage in hospital in Nage

Question
Dear Bill and Lorna,

I assume this practice is somehow legal in the Philippines.Is there some action I can take to free my gf, who as been held against her will -- as the bill piles up -- for the last few days.
I am in London, England, and do not have any money at this time. She is being held in Naga. Her family cannot pay the ransom.
Can I consult police,a lawyer, a politician.
I am a writer. I feel I will launch a negative publicity campaign all over the world about this. Who would want to visit the Philippines,knowing ill people are so badly treated.
I would appreciate any help,

Kind regards,
Dale Reynolds

Answer
Dale first of all this is not an uncommon scam when Filipinas are financially pressured by their families to get money from their foreign boyfriends, lovers and or husbands. So FIRST you need to ask ALL the right detailed questions like Tel# of hospital?, Name of doctor(s)? and contact #s? and working hours of practice? What is her ailment or what type of treatment was given? what is her prescriptions? how much each?  Then depending on the answers you need to contact them directly by tel / fax / email to VERIFY what your GF has told you. The Philippines is a poor country so any Filipina who is in contact with or has a relationship with a foreigner from a wealthy country is scammed, milked and courted by various individuals in her family and community.

Take Note:Writing negative content about the Philippines or slandering the wealthy Filipinos or government officials will get you only one thing black listed or banned from returning. Step lightly, become informed before jumping to conclusions.  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings