Philippines/Marriage

Question
I married a Philippino woman in America 13 years ago, however, when i arrive in the philippines last year i found that she had previously been married in the philippines and had not secured an annullment. I don"t  think i was considered married in the philippines, although she did get a divorce from her husband in America.  I got a divorce from her last year in America an i was wondering if  i am considered divorce in the Philippines  and can i get married?  What would i need for a civil ceremony?

Answer
Lord, it depends a lot on what passport your Filipino wife had when you married her. Chances are that your ex wife's divorce of her Filipino husband in the States was NOT valid nor registered nor the truth. So you were never considered married to her in the Philippines therefore are free to get married again in the Philippines

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings