Hi Bill and Lorna,

Well, i dont know where to start, anyway i am worry about my overstaying here in philippines for 30 months. at 1st i done my 2nd extension on BI then i was told to apply I-Card for a year so i thought this will allow me to stay here for a year, then i was wrong, i make a mistake that i should ask them... i was so worry during my stay here and i really want to turn myself in. i know that i have to pay all the and fee which i cant pay even my air ticket. i did call my embassy and they cant help me about money problem... i was told by them if i tell them i cant pay everything they have to put me in detention centre and take months to a year to send me back... i dont know what to do.. i have the money to pay them and i wanted so much to pay but i am here and i cant do anything... i just sold my house and i need to go back to sign some paper and i can draw the chq. i done alot of reseach about this and some say some BI officer allow you leave but have to pay back on my next arrive in philippines. plus i wish to come back here again because i want to marry to my g.f and this is why i wish to settle this asap.

LIM there is NO WORRIES about overstaying in the Philippines The ONLY ISSUE is the amount you need to PAY! If money is your problem then join the "club" of 50+ million Filipinos. If money is NOT your problem then try meeting a Philippines immigration official privately withOUT acting nervous or afraid ( because if you're nervous or afraid the PRICE GOES UP) and negotiate some sort of arrangement for an extension so you can buy a ticket and depart. BE POLITE and RESPECTFUL "cry poor" but NOT afraid and NOT arrogant either. Otherwise just go to the main office of Philippine Immigration and PAY WHATEVER THEY CALCULATE are your penalties and LATE fees. REALLY NO WORRIES LIM. This happens ALL THE TIME in the Philippines; so many foreigners LOVE IT HERE they let their immigration status be delayed. Better to PAY then be black listed for not paying.  

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems