Philippines/Visa extention

QUESTION: Hi Sir Bill,
Thank you for having this kind of website that helps many people.

I would like to ask if you would know what date the immigration will be stamping in our passport if we arrive at the airport by midnight? Is it the new day date? Coz,we will be arriving at NAIA by 11:30pm on the 9th march and i know we will be taking an hour or more for the immigration, so if the immi person will stamp 9th as our arrival it means we need to extend my husband's visa coz our returning flight is on 31 mar,can we apply for the visa extention at the airport's immigration?  

Thank you,
Jem :)

ANSWER: depends on the individual official and how fast you get through the line / queue but it doesn'y matter because even if he stamps the 10th he will need to pay an extension if leaving 31st because both arrival date and departure dates are counted for the 21 day stay. If you can change your flight to 30th then you save U$65. Yes most of the time the VISA WAIVER can be paid upon departure P3030.

QUESTION: Hi Sir Bill,thank you but as Ive read in the phil consulate here in Aus  the reckoning of the 21 days begins on the day after the arrival in the Philippines. If he stamp 10th the 21th days will begin on the 11th so on the 31st will our 21th day, is my understanding right Sir? Sorry for the ignorance :/

We have 3000 to 4000 tourists each year since 1986 stay at our guest house near all 4 Manila airports so our advice comes directly from personal experience and what we have been told. In the 27 years since we opened our doors to budget travelers the arrival and departure days are counted in the 21 day visa. So I guess the only way you will find out if the Australian Phil Consulate or my information is correct will be on 31st when your husband departs Manila. Email me so I can share the updated information with others.  

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems