Philippines/Philippines Postal Services

Question
I have recently sent a package to my boyfriend who is currently living in the Philippines. Something happened with the addresses and a mistake was made and now my package is no where to be found. It was sent to the Madaluyong City area and I have no idea where to begin to look for it. I've called several places, but I'm having a hard time finding someone that speaks English over there to help me. Is there anything that I can do? I've heard many bad things about the postal services over there and I'm basically wondering if it will ever be found. If only I could find someone who can help me out there.

Thank you.

Answer
We have had very good experiences using Philippine Postal service unlike others with negative experiences receiving over 60 boxes from Asian countries and sending out hundreds of post cards to our Manila guests. BUT that said if you used a wrong address I DOUBT if you'll be able to locate it and if so it would be returned eventually to the return address on the package. Most Filipinos do not even know nor have any use for a postal address especially in the provinces and names of streets change ect. Like our address use to be Villa Carolina Townhouse 201 Roxas Blvd and was changed to 31 Bayview Drive; over the years we've allowed many of our guests to use our postal address and bank until they decide where they will settle down in the Philippines. In the future the best option for sending packages is LBC a Philippine forwarder or DHL or FEDEX so the recipient can pickup.  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings