Philippines/Retirement in the Philippines

Question
Dear Bill and Lorna,
I am a 71 year old single (divorced) retiree, with no dependants, currently living in Thailand, on my pension, and teaching English on the side.  I am also a published Author of books on Ancient History and Ancient Cultures, which are for sale on Amazon.com.  My pension is in excess of 62000 Philippine Pesos monthly (744,000 Pesos annually).  My problem is that I do not have anything near what I see as the required deposit.  Is it possible to get some kind of long term visa, without a cash deposit, just on the strength of my pension?  Any help or advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. My visa here expires on June 23, 2013, and I wanted to relocate before that date.
Sincerely,
Dennis McCarthy

Answer
Dennis many many expats just extend their tourists every 2 months for up to 16 to 24 months take a short trip out and start the whole process again Even if you fly out in the morning and back in the evening of the same day the extension process starts all over again. The only visa that doesn't require the deposit is the 13A.
http://www.retireinphilippines.com/13A.htm
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/Philippines-Visa/how-to-get-a-13-a-visa-in

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings