Philippines/Transit Visa to Philippines

Question
Hi, I am an Indian national who is doing business & residing in UAE, will I be able to get a visa on arrival at Philippines airport for 7 or 14 days. I need to visit my sick wife in Philippines, and I don't have time to get a tourist or visit visa from Philippine embassy in UAE, kindly help me with the answer.

Answer
Yes Ramakrishna as of Jan 2011 the Philippines and India made an agreement that visas upon arrival shall be granted to each of its citizens requiring only a passport with over 6 months validity and comfirmed return airline ticket of 28 days or less. My Filipina wife, Lorna met up with me in New Delhi in April 2011 to see the Taj Mahal and travel around central, western and northern India for 27 days. You can always double check the India and Philippine government dept of foreign affairs and immigration websites to double check.

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings