Philippines/Visit philippines for 2 months

Hi Bill and Lorna,
How are you guys doing? I have a question about staying in the Philippines,i want to visit my family in the philippines and plan to stay for 2 months with my  US Citizen 18 month old baby, i just wanna know if that will create trouble from coming back here in the US,a friend of mine said that there will be a penalty after 21 days  stay since she is American citizen,i just wanna know if that is true?and if there iis penalty,how much it will cost?

Thank youso much

Babies/children under 2 years old I think can be added to the Mother's passport but if your 18 month old has an American passport then yes he/she needs to pay the VISA WAIVER( P2500 to P3000) )which extends the 21 day visa upon arrival to 59 total days( if you stay 60 days then that one day will be charged as one more month, P2000 to P2500 ). But there is also one more possibility because when I with USA passport arrived with my dual nationality daughter ( USA & Philippine Passports ) I was issued a balikbayan visa so ask the immigration official if she / he could give your 18 month old balikbayan status which is valid for one year 21 days. You can double check on the Philippine immigration website.

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems