Philippines/Medicines allowed in Philippines

Question
QUESTION: I have a friend who is from Sweden and he will have vacation here in Philippines next month. He has medicines to take everyday, is it allowed to bring medicine like Furix 40mg, Omeprazol Penza 20mg,Madopar Quick mite 50mg/12.5 mg, Citalopram Orion 20 mg, Ibumetin 400 mg or Burana 400mg, Dolcontin 30mg(Morfin Depo)and st Morfin Meda 10mg or 20mg? Does this medicine allowed to bring in Philippines? Thank you for your time and support.

Ms. She

ANSWER: No Worries Shiela-Lyn All prescribed medicines are ok for foreigners to use on holiday;tell him to bring his doctor's prescription.

QUESTION: He is a swedish citizen and he plan to stay here for more than 21days here in Philippines with me, do he need to get visa to stay here in Philippines for 8 weeks? do i need to send him an invitation letter to use for applying visa?  thank u so much.w

ANSWER: He can go to immigration to apply for VISA WAIVER extending 21 days to total 59 days ( 38 days more ) then apply for 2 month etension

QUESTION: Im appling a tourist visa to Sweden, one of the requirements is medical travel insurance at least 30 000 eauro, what does it mean, where can i get it and why it is so expensive? does all the visa like fiancee or tourist visa required this medical travel insurance? Thank you and God bless.v

Answer
Sorry Shiela, when applying for tourist visas to foreign more wealthy countries the embassies will look at how many months or years you have had bank accounts, been employed in the Philippines, and owned assets like land houses condo etc. Travel insurance is always expensive so if it's required then you will need it but check with the insurance company that if your visa application is refused / rejected can you get a refund for the travel insurance. It's VERY DIFFICULT for ANY Filipino passport holder to be issued tourist visas from the wealthier countries but sometimes countries with not so much population are easier so good luck.  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings