Philippines/Travel Tax

Question
I am permaent resident but only spend 6 months of the year on average in PI. This trip I stayed 5 months and over the last few years I have noticed that when I travel out from Manila I do not have to pay Travel Tax, but on two occassions that I travel out of Cebu they make me pay travel tax.  This has nothing to do with what is included in the purchase of my airline ticket because I purchase always outside of the p.i. Cebu stated to me that maybe when I travel out of Manila it is already taken out in the airline ticket but this is not correct. I have been permanent for many years even before the ICard was brought in and only when I leave via Cebu and I charged the travel tax. I never stay more than 12 months as stated usually 5-7 months. Very frustrating. Also I just heard that all I-card holders now cannot leave the country without, two weeks prior going to immigrastion, to get exit permit, i.e. they now cannot do this at the sirport is this correct.?

Answer
Sorry Gary but Issues like this depend alot on the individual officer on duty at the time of departure so it doesn't really matter if it's CORRECT or not. Regarding the latest immigration and residency regulations; they change every year or two so the interpretation is up to the individual officer in charge. One of my 10 travel tips for the Philippines is "eliminate the words "should" and "why" from your vocabulary otherwise you give yourself a constant headache"

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings