Philippines/inquiry for baby

I would like to ask how much tax would I be paying for my baby who was born in the Philippines and would be one year old and 2 weeks during the travel back to UK. If the baby has Philippine passport would the baby be still paying anything before exiting the country?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Unless you can find some sort of new regulation if your baby has a Philippine passport no worries but with a UK passport your baby needs to pay about U$600+. Check about your baby's Bakikbayan status so maybe free

QUESTION: thank you for the answer. just a follow up question, if the baby has both Philippine and British passport, does any of the parent need to be a dual citizen ? if both the parents have British passports only, can they still bring the baby to the UK? how would be the fee?

thank you

No only a child but NOT possible until 18 years of age. Our daughter applied in Honolulu for her dual nationality at 20 years old and was issued Philippine passport within 6 weeks. So again if your Baby has UK passport then you need to pay or negotiate with one of the officials and double check the DFA and Philippine immigration websites if anything was changed recently. Good Luck!  

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems