Philippines/Visa application

Question
QUESTION: Hello, i have friend in Sweden and she is planning to have vacation here in Philippines for 6 to 8 weeks. Do she need to get visa there in Sweden before comming here? as far as i know as Swedish citizen they are 21 days visa free but shes insisting that maybe she need visa before coming here. Thank you and God bless us.

ANSWER: She can but sometimes the Philippine Embassies abroad require banking details etc etc so I usually advise tourists that it's easier to go to Philippine Immigration to apply for a VISA WAIVER which extends their 21 day tourist visa issued upon arrival to 59 days. She can stay as long as she likes from 16 to 24 months by extending every two months. If she needs place to stay near the Manila airports we have a guesthouse with 24 hour check-in and 8 rates from P300 to P950.

QUESTION: Thank you for the quick answer,she love to drive, can she drive here using her drivers license in Sweden? or do she need papers to bring to be able to drive cars here in Philippines. Thank you again.

ANSWER: Tourists can drive using their foreign driver's licenses if they are able to be read in English and they must also have passport while driving for 90 days. I think for drivers' license in other languages they have to provide a translation so best go to nearest LTO to ask.

QUESTION: Hello, here i am again and need your help. Actually its not me but my friend from Mindanao who have questions. She has a boyfriend in Sweden and this guy plan to visit her this coming september but suddenly they got problem, a health problem for the guy...he is sick and now they decided that my friend from Mindanao is the one will go to Sweden and they were planning to get married there. The question is what visa do she need to apply? where can she go to ask help what to do? Thank you and God bless and more prosperity.

Answer
it's VERY difficult to get a visa to Sweden or any of the wealthier nations in Europe but a fiancee visa is maybe the easiest to process but he MUST come to the Philippines to attend seminar before visa can be issued.  Otherwise you would marry him in the RP and wait 1 to 2+ YEARS to get an immigrant resident visa because of of your marriage status. The USA and UK can take over 2 years for a Filipina wife to be issued a visa, for example. Sometimes the less populated countries like Sweden are faster but they have had some ethnic riot problems in recent months. Good Luck but be PATIENT!

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings