Philippines/Education and cost and living in Manila

Question
Hello Nilesh - My husband is to be located in Manila, Alabang for the next two years. My main concerns are: Firstly I have a 15 yr old daughter who has just started college - 11th standard (Arts) and a 9 year old daughter who is right now in 04th standard. Please help me to find a good education institution for them...but not overly expensive.  Also with the 4 of us to be staying there what would be the approximate monthly cost of living for a decent life style.

Answer
Hello Uma,

I'm more geared towards answering questions on tourism and other such places in the Philippines if you want to have a brief holiday there. I do not have any experience of living in the Philippines on a long term basis - I stayed in hotels and service apartments during my frequent trips there and had all my expenses taken care of by my company. Also I did not have school going children even at that time and hence did not explore that issue at all.

My suggestion would be to approach your husband's local colleagues directly and seek advice from them on these issues as they would be more current and also more in tune with your needs.

Hope I have not disappointed you but I only wanted to be honest.

While in the Philippines do take out time to travel to all the islands and enjoy the lovely beaches that many of them have to offer - some often within driving distance from Manila.

Thank you
Nilesh

Philippines

Nilesh Korgaokar