Philippines/travel to philippines

Question
Good day to you and god bless you, I cannot get a straight answer. I recently got everything together to go to the philippines to get married. I was convicted in 1980 and have a felony record for drug possesion. I have been told that I will not be allowed to enter or, stay in the philippines at all and will be deatained and sent away. My fiancee and I have waited a year to do this. I really need to know because it will be a year before I can afford to do this again. I had planned a one way ticket and a round trip would break me.  Thank you and god bless.

Answer
Harry, Told by who? seems the most important point. There is no shortage of foreigners living here in the Philippines with past criminal records. I usually advise anybody who is experiencing fear and anxiety about making such a move to simple GO FOR IT!!! What's the worst thing that could happen, be refused entry? And don't volunteer such details upon arrival passing through customs and immigration. Because of the recent additional homeland security etc etc in the States you might be delayed only if you apply for a US spousal immigrant visa for your wife. But if you plan to stay here in the Philippines no worries. The only guys I know who have been refused entry are those with past sexual abuse ( pedophile type criminal records) and only recently in the last 3 years. Take it easy, smile and be relaxed as you reach the immigration official upon arrival; nervousness or too much unnecessary talk can "smell" foul to such officials. GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Mabuhay Philippines! Welcome Aboard!

HARRY buy a RETURN FLIGHT because they cost only U$150 more maybe than a one way which are always nearly twice the price of half. Otherwise your flight attendant may not allow you to check-in; if possible ask for a one year validity at no extra cost. Also a One Way Ticket will be a red flag when you arrive so buy the best deal you can find on one year valid Return ticket.  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings