Philippines/Education and cost and living in Manila

Question
Hello Bill and Lorna - My husband is to be located in Manila, Alabang for the next two years. My main concerns are: Firstly I have a 15 yr old daughter who has just started college - 11th standard (Arts) and a 9 year old daughter who is right now in 04th standard. Please help me to find a good education institution for them...but not overly expensive.  Also with the 4 of us to be staying there what would be the approximate monthly cost of living for a decent life style.

Answer
Uma, Accommodation can range from P6000 to P150,000 / month so please be more specific. There are so many schools to choose from and the best schools in the country are in the metro-Manila area. Distance is a major consideration for choosing a school and a place to live because of the gridlock traffic. Alabang area has 5 or six residential sub-divisions and 2 or 3 high rise condominium buildings so which type of accommodation do you prefer and what is your price / budget range? "decent life style" is really too vague so please include more details. We sent our daughter to Sta Isabel on taft ave.

P20,000 to P30,000 / month is considered a upper middleclass income;I advise retirees they can live simple but quality life styles in the Philippines for U$700 to U$1200 / month. Feel free to join my yahoogroup "lifeinthephilippines" and spend 4 or 5 hours checking out my LINKS section: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lifeinthephilippines/links
http://royalflare.wordpress.com/2007/10/06/top-20-schools-in-the-philippines/

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings