QUESTION: I was booked to leave Manila on 12 April 2013. but the flight was over booked and I was rebooked for the 16 April my visa was paid up till the 14 April.I went straight to the Immigration in Manila,but was told i owed 10,ooo ph i had on me 7000ph and a bank card i could not use in Manila.So i went to uk Embassy and was told after a phone call all would be well and I would get my papers to leave. I got my papers 3hrs befor my flight time to find i really owed 18000ph I only had 12000ph so I took the papers.i could have paid the  13000ph on the 12 April I owed now 1800ph a 500ph fine.I would like to go back to Manila but i am blacklisted over a bad day for the immigration office sir and a typo i know no one in Manila.

ANSWER: Alan it sounds like you were hustled or scammed by NON immigration officials because what you described is NOT possible had you simply applied for a visa extension and paid . I have over stayed my visa so many times from 2-12 to 4-1/2 months without any problem other than paying the P1000 / month late fees. So I really doubt if you are blacklisted in such a way you can not return so be prepared to pay upon arrival of even apply for a 59 day tourist visa at any Philippine Embassies abroad, Good Luck, Bill

QUESTION: Thanks Bill but i have a blacklist number and a paper that says i must pay 1800ph be for i leave and get clearance from immigration i have none nothing ese and it says that on the order.all i have done is  not played the 1800ph and say thats all i owed they did not like that.I have all the recites to show i have played up till the 14 Aril I Phoned the Philippine Embassy in London and they cannot help the 1800ph must be paid in Manila but how can you pay if you can not get in and by the way Bill it was a immigration official at the head office in Manila so all is possible. Thanks again

First time in 30+ years I've heard of such a thing happening from inside the immigration office or any government office for that matter. So whatever or how ever this happened sounds like you need to pay the P18,000. I arrived last Nov 2, 2012 and was issued a one year 21 day Balikbayan visa since I arrived together with my Filipina wife so may need to go to the main immigration office in Manila for the first time in many years so will have a look and ask a few questions. So pay as you say you must and put the whole thing behind you.

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems