Thank you in advance for taking time out of your busy schedule. I am an American presently trying to deal with an overstay going on 3 years. At this time I do not have the $ for fee's or flight. I own a couple of lots/buildings of which a portion is up for sale, (not big money) proceeds to be used to straighten out my visa. My concern is being black listed, as I would like to return in a year when my retirement kicks in. And of course I would like to avoid a detention center upon my exit from here. I have different figures I've calculated from the research I have done, and think I am looking at around 120,000p. Is that in the ballpark? Any suggestions how to go about this?
  By the way, you look like a lovely couple, happy to see things are working out so nicely for you.
  Thank again,

Ed No Worries regarding immigration and long term stays in the Philippines; it's only about the money; I have been 2-1/2 to 4-1/2 months late many times over the years and was never questioned only charged.  Yes your calculation is about right, U$650 / year + late fees ect. I do know of two guys over the last 15 years here in Manila who courted somebody who worked Immigration after office hours who eventually came to an agreement of P30,000 after 6 to 9 weeks of bargaining / negotiating. They needed to fly out and back again. I have no connection so good luck and let me know final cost so I can share it with others.

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems