Hello ! We will be traveling this november 3rd for  3 weeks to manila, boracay and palawan. mostly staying in Boracay and Palawan. We were interested to know if you could recommend some places to visit or to stay in in Palawan. Also, is this the rainy season or the end of it ?

Thank you !

Hello Vic,

I would urge you to spend more time in Palawan than Boracay. From what I read and understand Boracay is a one-beach wonder because of the striking whiteness of the sand. But this beach has been encroached upon by shacks and stuff and there loads of local tourists on the beach especially during the time that you will be there.

Palawan on the other hand, is a large sausage shaped island and has much more to offer. I would suggest that you purchase a good travel book on the Philippines like LONELY PLANET, ROUGH GUIDE, FODDORS or LETS GO and go thru the relevant sections. You can then decide on your own based on your interests. Here are some websites that can also help you decide - - this is a nice quiet resort where we had stayed when we went there in Nov 2009

Hope this helps and have a great time in the Philippines.

Take Care

Nilesh Korgaokar

I can answer questions regarding travel to the Philippines for both business and leisure. Anybody wanting to know the best beaches, archipelagos, coral reefs, dive sites, island resorts, including cheap flights etc. At the same time PLEASE DO NOT ask me about applying for a visa, immigration, customs formalities. Please note that I DO NOT have any experience or expertise in setting up a business in the Philippines or what are the procedures that one needs to follow if you want to get married to a local Filipino. I also DO NOT have any information about how to apply for a visa. For such questions it is best that you approach the local Philippine Embassy in your own country and enquire there.

I have travelled often to the country on business and when here for longer periods have never missed an opportunity to explore the country's hidden treasures - mostly the beaches and dive sites.

India Today Travel Plus

Post Graduate