Philippines/New 6 Month Tourist Visa or 30 Day + extensions

Question
Don
Don  
Hi, I want to spend one or more years in Cebu City beginning around April 2014. Looked into the PI retirement visa but decided that it was just too darn expensive. Then I heard about a new 6 month tourist visa that could be extended up to 14 months but cant find any info about how one applies for it. Can you help find out what the precedure is and email me the source?

I am really new at this. Recently spend one month in Cebu City and really enjoyed my stay. The Cebu people were so kind to me that I would like to return for an extended period to visit them again.

I was told that I could go to the Cebu City BI office and just extend my 30 day visa 60 days and continue extending to 1 1/2 years. Is this extension process correct.  Seems if it is, it would be the better way for me to go?

In advance Thank You guys for any and all the information you might have.

Happy New Years

Answer
Well guess I'm the last to know because I hadn't heard of this 6 month visa but after doing a search with www.google.com  I found all the links below which should explain the details. Have a look see. I always advise guests to extend 2 months and instead of picking up their passport with 2 month extension, re-submit another request for a 2 month extension so over a period of one year you save a couple of trips to immigration. Budget about U$600 / year.
http://www.immigration.gov.ph/
http://bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm
http://www.philippinesplus.com/2013/06/20/long-stay-visa-available-at-philippine

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/06/18/13/ph-raises-tourist-visa-exten  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings