Philippines/marriage of 2 uk residents in Boracay

Hi Bill & Lorna
My name is Bill Anderson and I live in Estancia, Iloilo with my filipina wife and daughter and step son. I am working in UK at the moment.
I have a friend in Aberdeen whose son and fiancee would like to get married in Boracay next year and rerturn to UK.
There will be a rather large party looking for accomodation.

My questions are, can the wedding be organised in Borocay? what would be best time of year to avoid peak holiday times, yet still get decent weather. I will be home in May 2015 for a month and could come and have a chat with you.

Mabuhay from Boracay! Hi Bill, Small World! I've been wanting to check out those off shore islands near Estancia for years and plan to do another road trip on the way to Negros Island soon. If you have any tips about the daily rental costs of local pump boats or any scheduled transport from Estancia I'd appreciate it. This past Sept 22 to Oct 8 a few old friends and I ( no wives no women )explored the 500 km long western sunset coast of Palawan by pump boat and had a great time. email:

We built our first beach resort, Villa Camilla in 1990 and started building our present resort Casa Camilla Boracay Apartments in 1995. There must be at least a half dozen or more wedding organizers on Boracay. One of our yearly guests renting and operating Bella Isa Spa in one of our beachfront commercial spaces, Robbie married his Filipina wife Irene 18 months ago on the beach with about 50 people who attended. And one of our regular guests from Italy, a young couple got married this past April 2014 on the beach in front of Casa Camilla with simple ceremony and 7 or 8 friends and family. Another one of our yearly guests, a Kiwi David married his Filipina wife Cherry just down the beach to the south about 300+ meters 4 years ago with maybe 50 people attending. The best time to avoid peak holidays is during low season June 1 to Nov 30 but regarding the weather it's very difficult to know for sure. Usually November has one or two tropical storms which pass through but last Nov 2013 we had 3 weeks of sunny perfect weather. Also often September can have decent weather. During the northern hemisphere's cold weather months and high season Dec 1 to May 31 which is suppose to be better weather it can also be very wet Dec through Feb. So weather wise it's  Murphy's law. But during high season there are gaps when the group tourists disappear and the island is less visited; Dec 1 to 15, Jan 10 to 20, and after Chinese New Years Feb 10( varies year to year ) up to Philippine summer when the kids are out of school, March 10 to 20 and then after Holy Week, aka Easter Sunday April 25 to May 31 not many tourists.

So if your friend can give me three of his optimum holiday time periods / wedding dates and I can guestimate which would be best weather wise and value for money wise. Also give me some idea of their budget and or dream wedding, with priest or without? how many friends, family guests plan to attend? with wedding planner or without? etc etc. Then I can help more by referring them in the right direction.  

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems