Philippines/shipping

Question
Kumusta Bill & Lorna.  I also have a 1 in a million wife, from Manila, we now live in rural Australia.

We are wanting to send used clothing (from Salvation Army) to Manila. We intend to make cheap, quality clothing available in Manila. Any info/help regards shipping, shop outlet and staff.

We survive on Australian disability pension, so finances are very limited (we cannot afford to be taken advantage of).

Cheers & merry Christmas
Greg & Jena

Answer
Greg, I'm not sure about the best shippers from Australia but from the USA / Canada where 4 million Filipinos reside, Balikbayan boxes sent via LBC are best. Ask around amongst the Filipino in Australia about commonly used transport company that Filipino Australians use is probably best because from the USA we stuff these largest size boxes with as much as 80 to 100+ lbs for as little as U$ from Hawaii, LA/ SFO or NYC/NJ and from the Midwest USA for U$85. BTW before you jump into this alternative income choice be well informed that hundreds of Ukay Ukay shops exist and are very competitive in the Philippines. Many are directly hooked with both Japan and Korea who ship such used clothing by the container load and it can be bought in Manila by the kilo in bulk so you might think about buying it in Manila from one such supplier. Basically with all small businesses you need to do your homework/ ground work very well before making a decision to invest your limited funds. Also China ships huge amounts of overages and rejects from USA / Europe exports to the Philippines so you can also check that source. Good Luck but tread slowly in regards to business in the Philippines as it's NOT easy to make a peso.  

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings