Philippines/boracay new coast

Question
Hi Bill,
I have appreciated your on-line insights and advise for years.
I would like to know what you and Lorna think about Phil-invest/
Megaworld/Global estate resorts/Tan in general and specifically the New Coast project.
How do you think this will effect the health of the island?
Do you think the people will prosper as a result of the supposed hospital and school and job opportunities etc?
What do you think of the investment potential of buying a condo or lot in the new coast development?
Thank you, Bryan

Answer
Bryan we have never bought a condo directly from a developer nor have we ever thought such would be a good investment. The development of Boracay as everything else is relative to other major beach tourist destinations. I the past 3 years we have taken trips to Palawan, Mindanao, Cebu,Malapascua, Bantayan, Siquijor Camiguin, Bohol, Panglao and Puerto Galera Mindoro to have a first hand look at other choices, beaches and how development had effected each. The way Boracay has developed and continues to develop remains the first and best choice compared to all the others.

We're nearly finished with a 4 floor building in Tulobhan 10 minutes walk to White Beach and will be advertising 3 of the units at P2.5M, P3M and P3.5M ( P35000 to P40,000/sqm ). We also have 3 pc of land for sale at P6500/sqm and P7800/sqm. The developers are selling land at P20,000+ /sqm and condo floor areas for P110,000 to P130,000 / sqm . Hope that helps you but don't take our advice as we do have private interests here; GO see for yourself and spend time in other countries in S.E. Asia to become even more aware of how such Boracay developers compare.

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings