Philippines/How to get extended Tourist Visa

Hello Bill,
I am from Northern California, turning 65 years in 2 months, so considering retirement in PI, but since I have too much going on in USA, for the time being would have to spend may be 6 months in PI & 6 months in USA. Is it wise to get a SRRV classic Visa or just get the Multiple entry tourist Visa for every 2 years. What is the process for getting the 2 year tourist Visa, need you help please on this issue.
  My wife & I were in Boracay just a couple of months back in late january, stayed at Jony's resort in Station 3. I will be travelling to PI on April 13th, was considering applying for the SRRV classic, with $20,000 deposit, but after reading your article was thinking may be I should not take that route, Since PRA has a lot of requirements as fees attached to their program.
 Only problem is my wife is not a Filipina so investing in PI may be a problem or are there ways to do it while being on a tourist VISA. Please help quickly. Thanks

No Worries Bob, no need for either multiple entry ( very slow/difficult to get issued )and the SRRV so just arrive and get your 21 days upon arrival;then go to Immigration Office apply for VISA WAIVER from 21 to 59 day ( 38 more days ) then when it's time to pickup, re-apply for 2 months / 60 days then pickup and enjoy life for 4 months, and get one more 2 month/ 60 extension of your tourist visa. Remember one day late cost you one month so when you book your flight the day you arrive even if 10PM counts as one day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I just turned 60 2 days ago in Yucatan on Riviera Maya with old friends. I've stayed in the Philippines on and off since Jan 1980 so even after I was married to a FIlipina I preferred tourst visas which can be extended one year and in recent years up to 16 to 24 months. ( Budget U$300 to U$350 / six months )We have old friends in Boracay, an American and French wife who have operated businesses ( restaurants since 1981 ) who also bought 2 lots ( 800+sqm ) in 2012 and built a beautiful house 10 minutes from the beach. So we could mention others but like my Mom taught me "can't CAN'T do anything" and "never take no for an answer". But that said you must be very practical and know business, problem solving and how to say "NO" because it's NOT EASY to make a peso. Registering a Philippine Corporation is your first best step.

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems